Sprinklin' Stardust

Friday, December 01, 2006

Make a Snow Angel

You know, I hope it does snow - love it! I've made more snow angels in my lifetime than I can count. Although the last attempt was about five years ago. I noticed it wasn't as easy to get UP and OUT of the snow. So that was the last one. Probably a good thing too - "she" looked a little funny. She definitely had a shape - with all kinds of scuffle marks around her. That day when the snow was falling my anticipation of the snow angel was uncontrollable. The kids have never understood my delight but they are tolderant. Maybe I should make four angels? I could do one in each corner of the yard? I decided to make four - one for each member of my family all together. When I finished the first one I wondered how I could get up without using my hands and especially HOW did I ever do this before? I lay there pondering my strategy for getting up without damaging her image. I wondered if my knees had always hurt in the cold? The plan was simple, just sit up and get up from there. Didn't work. It left an imprint in the "sitting" area. So back down I went to fix the imprint - reswishing my arms and legs for her self-esteem. This retake of being in the snow with the same problems confused me. Why did I do this again? Leaving my pride in the imprint, I called for Katie to help me out of the snow. She did, thankfully with little comment. I never made the other three snow angels that day. I've never made another snow angel, ever. But it is fun thinking about it all again. Maybe I'll try again so bring it on - let it snow! But I'll wait for Katie to come home first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home