Sprinklin' Stardust

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Beam Me UP

What a week of up and down emotion! Figures huh? That is exactly what I thought. Katie and I leave today for Kansas City to see Bobby. That is definitely UP and I'm looking forward to spending some time with my son. Son, that's what I call him. I don't think he really likes that though. From my perspective, it's an endearing term. My nanny used to call her only child "Son". I thought that was his name - I didn't know he was really Carl. I just naturally called my son, "Son". I guess you need to know here I loved my nanny, Mrs. Palmer. I would give anything to be able to still talk with her again. She was so instrumental in my life ~ she passed away many years ago. The world was a little sadder that day. At any rate, I'm going to see "Son". But I know my hello only leads to a good-bye. Good byes, how I hate those. Good byes leave me with a void. I've said a few too many this week. Good byes are beings. Each one is tangible and they linger, long wearing out their welcome. Whew! When I rewind my week and look at it in a fast foward mode, it has been grueling. Every day brought its own problems that mounted from the day before. I suppose saying Good bye to my week is a good thing. Ahhh....a pleasant Good Bye that didn't come soon enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home