Sprinklin' Stardust

Friday, October 20, 2006

Fly me to the Moon....

...and let me live amoung the stars....just don't put me in coach. It may be worth the additional $5,000 for first class. "Economy" to Stuttgart was NOT my idea of fun...I'm so darned pampered and spoiled. *jeez* Not enough time or words to express my sentiments! But I'm in Germany and it is wonderful here now that I'm fully rested! This is definitely what the doctor ordered!! It's Friday morning here (7:15am) and I've had the most incredible shower -- 6 shower heads! Very luxurious. The towels here are HUGE!! Larger than our bath sheets back home. Before we leave here I'll make sure we get pics of the room...really artsy decor -- even the desk has a glass top. Mirrors everywhere....I'm not so sure I like that. Another thing, you have to put your room "key" into a slot when you enter the room to turn on the electricity. That took a time or two to remember. Also, the coffee....not so much the taste (although you can nearly stick a spoon in it and it will stay put), but the service. No quick cup of coffee on the run here. Yesterday we got coffee and it was delivered with full service (teapot, cups, several choices of sugars, real cream in pitcher, etc.). I figured it was just the restaurant. Not so, this morning I went downstairs and asked for coffee and the full service was presented again. Impressive. The moral of the story? I take so much for granted and even a cup of coffee in the morning doesn't need to be rushed - rather enjoy the simple pleasures. Ahhhhh....yes I could live like this. If I can get John up and rolling :) we'll head to Austria today. Europe should be experienced by everyone, but the first time should be without children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home