Getting "Jiggity" With It!
Home Again, Home Again...jiggity jog. I'm not sure why we've always said that little ditty in my family anytime we pulled into the drive way, but we have. Not exactly everytime, but anytime it was exhausting to be out. Like out shopping all day, or a "vacation". I've been saying that since I can remember...my mother used to say it. So, when I pulled back into the driveway after my whirl wind trip to Europe I said those etched words outloud. I was by myself, but that didn't matter. This is simply something you say. The thought of sleeping in my own bed dominated my thinking that day and my daydream was about to be realized. The jet lag coming home wasn't nearly as dramatic as going. This, as it turns out, was unfortunate. I crawled up the stairs with all the effort I could summon, ripped off the clothes I'd had on for 24 hours, and flopped into bed. I was so excited to be home that I found it difficult to sleep!! I tossed and turned all "night". It was still daytime for me. While I lay there trying to sleep, I started "the list" in my head. You know, the list of everything that needs to be done. This list is usually dreaded by me in the middle of the night because it keeps me awake. But this time, I actually went to sleep with the list rolling around in my head. I guess it can be said that I've actually bored myself to sleep. Ahhhh....Winkin', Blinkin', and Jiggity Jog!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home