Sprinklin' Stardust

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Points Deficit

John and I were "invited" to Katie's house for pre-Thanksgiving dinner. The girls prepared the meal and the table service. Needless to say, we went. There is a vast difference between what I expected and what I actually got. I expected a meal that was not satisfying and certainly wouldn't taste good. I prepared myself all morning on how to be polite - you know, thank the chef and hope I could keep whatever it is down. I worked on the proper language and facial control. The facial control was most important because Katie could see if I said one thing but meant another. She knows me WAY to well to try and pull that off. So I worked diligently at trying to say something I didn't mean and look believeable. John did not put any effort in my deceit. I think he said something like he had better things to think about. Anyway, all that practice wasn't needed. The meal was wonderful and our gracious and beautiful Kate was a spectacular hostess. Katie showed us her new necklace Matt bought for her. Matt told John he had a "points deficit" and had to buy her those diamonds. John laughed and said it gets expensive. Hmmmmmm....I'm thinking John has a points deficit of his own he needs to worry about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home