Sprinklin' Stardust

Friday, December 22, 2006

Rain, rain.....Go away

It's raining this morning. Here we are just a few days away from Christmas and it's raining! Snow would be better, a lot better. I think? I've always rolled my eyes at people who have said they don't like snow. I didn't understand it. But the last few days of 50+ degree weather has me reconsidering the whole deal. Walking outside with the sun shining and no coat was pretty nice. It felt like spring to me. That, in a weird sort of way, encouraged me in my unfettered freight train approach of educational acquisition. Anyway, in spite of the temptation to hurry along past Christmas, I want to enjoy the moment. I want to enjoy every single last Christmas memory with my family, snow and all. I think it's hard to beat the memory of previous years. The snow softly falling, cold outside ~ warm inside, the familiar smells from the kitchen, the gifts piled high, all the cousins running around screaming, the women in the kitchen, the men watching television, the sounds of Chip Davis and the Mannheim Steamroller beating in on the CD, and the sweet smell of evergreen faintly in the background. So how can we top that? According to my husband, we should stay home with just the kids this year. Okay, we're gonna give it a try. But now we'll have no screaming cousins, no "women" in the kitchen, and no snow. It would be good to point out that the "men" will still watch television. Hmmmm...maybe this would be a good time to introduce my daughter to the kitchen? So this will be the "quiet" Christmas at home. Personally, I think Christmas is all about the screaming cousins, but that's just me. I just wish it would snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home