Je suis ainsi beni!
The noise level in the house dropped dramatically yesterday. Bobby went home on Wednesday and Matt came back from Michigan to see Katie. We did manage to all eat lunch together and play trivia at Damon's. Damon's isn't one of our favorite places to eat, but we really love the trivia game. We decided to divide into teams ~ oh great. I cautioned against clusters like, girls vs. boys, old vs. young, smart vs. not so smart, but no one listened to me. What's new? Anyway, it was the three kids against John and me. Neither John nor I wanted to run the electronic gizmo used to answer the questions. We're already at a huge disadvantage! None-the-less, we're poking buttons. I'm taking the liberty of a rabbit trail here -- John would not answer the questions the way I suggested. IT WAS MAKING ME CRAZY because each time my answer was the RIGHT one. Obviously, his was not. Anyway, because the way the teams are clustered, I'm hoping there will be no questions about new boy bands or when Jennifer Anniston and Angelina Jolie/Brad Pritt will all adopt a child together. As it turned out, the old couple won all the rounds. I can brag here a little -- we even beat others in the restaurant playing also. "Natman" was a fierce competitor, he was seven years old! The old couple beat college students, and Natman beat the college students!! Just goes to prove that you're wise before and after puberty. That place in the middle is just a mind suck. Bobby told us he has accepted a new position at another fine restaurant. He'll be the sous chef at Webster's House (New American French cuisine). Sous chef is french and means "under". So he'll be just under the executive chef and directly in charge of production and supervision of the kitchen staff. He is really a fabulous gourmet chef...so his customers will be especially pleased. Our Christmas dinner was his handiwork! Exquis! Tres Bien! Je t'aime fils, merci d'etre vous.

1 Comments:
Ooh- la-la! Maybe some day I'll have the occasion to taste Bobby's creations! Reading your blog always makes me smile and dredges up good memories. Like the time we went to Damon's and played the trivia game. I don't remember the questions, but no doubt I got a few of them correct-- I am a bit beyond the puberty abyss.... :)
I wish you a happy, prosperous, and healthy 2007 !
By
Anonymous, at 12/31/06, 1:24 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home