Sprinklin' Stardust

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Past

So Christmas came and went...again. All the anticipation, all the preperation, and all the excitement. It just comes and then *poof* it's gone. Is it worth it, really? As I reflect on that question this evening, I guess it is. It is not new nor is it profound. It is simply a reminder. A reminder of all the things I seem to forget throughout the year. For me it is a reminder that time is precious, that family is forever, that friends are priceless (borrowing from a commercial here), that Christmas is really about Jesus, and that work is still just work. I seem to lose track of these things in the course of my daily activities. You know, like we have all been guaranteed a tomorrow. So the reminder is necessary for me. It re-focuses my thinking and energy. It's a good thing too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home