Counselor! Mediate This
Even Empath's can't always be certain of communication messages.... What mediated communication technology did your group use? I am in many small groups. We used the following technologies: a. Facebook b. Email c. Blogs d. Instant Messenger (I personally use Trillian so I can interface with any of the IM programs at the same time). Who was in your group? On facebook – the S229 group I email simultaneously to several groups: family, friends, business associates Blogs – my brother maintains our family blog, my personal blog, my husband’s blog. Instant Messenger – this is my favorite. I use this mostly with my daughter, her boyfriend, and my husband. This feature can also include chat rooms. How did this mediated technology help your group’s communication? For any of the groups it made communication so much easier to contact people. Blogs especially because you can post for everyone to see and everyone can see at their leisure and respond. How did this mediated technology hinder your group’s communication? The big hindrance (I found mostly with email) is that the written word has no tone inflection or pauses. Sometimes difficult to display the appropriate emotion. Okay Troi, this is where you come in.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home