In Galaxies Far, Far Away
http://www.nsba.org/sbot/toolkit/LeadTeams.html This direct site is not what I expected. It appears to put you right in the middle of a thought. Links to discussion on teams, assessment, selection, etc. However the info became relevant when I discovered it was a link from the National School Boards Assn. I would probably use some of this info in my job. This site had a page devoted to leadership qualities. While the comments were an interesting read, I’m wondering how “old” the information is. Seems like I recently read another article saying the focus now is getting away from qualities leaders have. http://www.workteams.unt.edu/ "The world has changed, and we are light years behind on how we should collaborate and make good decisions that all can wholeheartedly stand behind." - Mehran Ferdowsian, Intel Corporation Collaborative work systems are focused at this site. This center utilizes students and IO psychologists for special projects. My question? By the nature of a “work team” aren’t all teams collaborative? Why the effort behind that? This would appear to be a site for entire organizational change and for change managers. http://www.emergingleadership.com/ The Center for Emerging Leadership (CEL), is a non-profit educational center sponsoring programs, publications and special events on leadership, wisdom and work. http://ohiowatersheds.osu.edu/owa/lessons/4.html This site reviews the facilitation skills and techniques. Since it has an .edu extension, I’m assuming it’s fairly reliable. After completion of the readings the learner should be able to: Select appropriate group facilitation technique(s) to use in a given scenario and explain their use within the context of a meeting. Identify 5-10 group facilitation techniques and the advantages and disadvantages of each. http://www.ag.iastate.edu/centers/ftcsc/media/ways.pdf This site is a scholarly paper that describes the emergence of roles in groups. This paper is just a BROAD overview. Not in depth but good for the casual learner. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_group First let me say I LOVE Wikipedia. I use it as a resource for lots of things. What’s so cool is Wikipedia provides links in the text to help define the word or phrase. http://www6.miami.edu/UMH/CDA/UMH_Main/0,1770,3281-1;3700-2;3702-3,00.html This site offers not only tips for preparing for meetings, but also examples of action words to use. There are links to the left to further complement the information. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX010857971033.aspx A great resource for powerpoint presentations. This site has templates, how-to’s, and great suggestions. A must visit for the powerpointers. http://www.wisc.edu/cbe/biolearn/activities/Teaching%20Tools/Radish%20Seed/group_eval_rubric.pdf Great Rubric for group evaluation. http://www.shrm.org/ This website is for HR gurus. You can find information here on everything covered in the book, surveys, groups, etc. This is a professional site so membership is necessary.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home